POWER YOGA WITH BRYAN KEST
POST CONFERENCE | MONDAY, JULY 10
Schedule: 8:30-11.30 & 13:00-16:00
Location: Escola Sagrat Cor, Barcelona
90€ before March 1
95€ before May 1
100€ final price
A true “meditation in motion”
Pure wellness and health are rooted in a calm, peaceful mind that is less dominated by habits, less reactive, and more aligned with the body, breath, and emotions. In my approach to yoga, the poses are infused with purpose and meaning, combining physical exercise with mindfulness to create a true “meditation in motion”. This Power Yoga workshop will give you an opportunity to drop a little deeper into your practice, and walk away with a greater awareness of how mindfulness can transform both your physical and mental practice.
Founder of Power Yoga
Born in 1964, Bryan Kest has been practicing yoga since 1979, starting when he was 14 years old.
Aloha, I am Bryan Kest, owner of Santa Monica Power Yoga & Meditation and poweryoga.com, located in Santa Monica, CA. I am 53 years old and I was born in Cleveland, OH and raised in the suburbs of Detroit, MI. I was very fortunate to move to Hawaii at the age of 14. It was in Hawaii that I was even more fortunate to meet David Williams at David’s and Brad Ramsey’s class. David was the first person to bring Ashtanga Yoga to the world outside of India. Brad became an incredibly influential example of how to be a man and a yogi.
I first started leading yoga classes at age 20 when I was invited by a clinic that specialized in eating disorders to share my practice with their clients. The clinic, called Esteem Clinic (in Santa Monica), was so happy with the results that they offered me more clients, and a yoga career was born.
At the age of 24, I entered my first ten-day Goenka Vipassana meditation course, after returning from living in India, where I studied with K. Patthabi Jois before it was a trendy thing to go to India and study yoga. When I was there, it was just me, my traveling mate, and Patthabi Jois, all by ourselves. Upon my return, I enrolled in the Goenka course; being informed through meditation, my Ashtanga yoga practice began morphing from its generic sequence into something more personal. In a lot of ways, this is what Power Yoga is: freedom and discovery! This is what I meant when I coined the term Power Yoga.
I was very much inspired by Goenka. The practice he shared is profound and his delivery is equally profound. For me, his donation model touched me deeply and said to me so much more than simply “give what you can give.” I immediately thought, why can’t I run a yoga studio in the same way? Welcome to Santa Monica Power Yoga & Meditation. We have been a donation-based studio for decades here at my Santa Monica studio ever since.
My yoga classes online or in my studio are truly a multi-dynamic experience–a confluence of movements combining a balanced sequence with all elements of physical exercise, mindfulness, moderation and meditation. All of these are within a supportive dialogue developed to empower the practitioner. The distinct objective is strengthening the benevolent and eradicating the malevolent.
Early birds: March 1st & May 1st
All tickets 2020 are automatically valid for 2023.
Thank you for your patience and support.
- 5 DAYS | Pre, Main & Post Conference380€THURSDAY TO MONDAY | JULY 6-10
- 3 DAYS | Main Conference285€FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY | JULY 7-9
- 1 DAY | Main Conference100€FRIDAY, SATURDAY OR SUNDAY | JULY 7-9, 2023
- PRE CONFERENCE | Vinyasa Yoga with Meghan Currie100€THURSDAY JULY 6 | Full-day intensive
- PRE CONFERENCE | Ashtanga Yoga with Kino MacGregor100€THURSDAY JULY 6 | Full-day intensive
- PRE CONFERENCE | Bhakti Beats & Flow with Janet Stone100€THURSDAY JULY 6 | Full-day intensive
- POST CONFERENCE | LIQUID FLOW WITH SIMON PARK100€MONDAY JULY 10 | Full-day intensive
- POST CONFERENCE | ART OF JUICY LUNAR WITH SHIVA REA100€MONDAY JULY 10 | Full-day intensive
- POST CONFERENCE | Power Yoga with Bryan Kest100€THURSDAY JULY 10 | Full-day intensive
- PRANA MANDALA FLOW IMMERSION WITH SHIVA REA100€ – 200€2-DAY IMMERSION | July 11 & 12
Organize your group. Minimum 8 participants.
Ask us for a coupon discount once you have your group ready.
8-15 participants: 15% Off
* 50% Off on Main Conference for Teenagers & Seniors +65 years. Contact us for more info.
* All passes are Non-Refundable but transferable